Weld Re 3-J School District
Gifted Education Student Identification Process
- Increase understanding of giftedness
- Nomination by parent, student, teacher or other.
- Nomination through grade level screening (i.e. 2nd grade NWEA testing)
- Permission to Test sent to parents
- Collection of Data
- Parent/Teacher/Student Inventories
- Performance Data
- Intellectual Aptitude
- Academic Performance
- Other data as needed
- A committee of three meets to determine eligibility. Committee may include teachers, principal, social worker, psychologist, gifted and talented personnel, parents or other stakeholders.
- If a student is not eligible: Parents notified and enrichment activities within the classroom are recommended.
- If a student is eligible: Parents are notified and a plan of services is determined.
- Advanced Learner Plan is developed and reviewed with stakeholders (teachers, parents, student, etc.)